Friday, September 19, 2008

Venturing in North Park

Last week I met up with Nora to do some night photography. A lot of high ISO involved, and some scary spots, check out the fun pics.



I had to slowly crawl up that porch because it looked like someone with a shotgun might live there. But I wonder if he would have been more scared of me looking possessed like that.



When I saw this man's chain I had to stop him for a photo. His only request was that I don't take the photo with his face in it. It looks nice with sepia.

Then we found a nice fluorescent light by a mini market, and I got to test the shadows.





There was also a big neon sign that had like 3 different colors, tried that one out as well:



Tilted head, because I couldn't tilt the lights.



By the time we got there, this tall man approached us to chat and he got a photo too.



This is that same house that I was posing in front of.



How cool are those red windows!







There was also a billboard sign next to the house, and since I like climbing things, the inevitable happened:



This house further down had an old-school Ford truck, so we sneaked in for this shot:



I like how there is just enough light to bring out the colors.



The whole trip was a bit eerie, and we walked for a good mile into unknown areas, but the photos were worth it. On the way back we got to see how the sidewalks are painted red for fire zones, there are these rolling spray paint machines that they drag along, no hand labor necessary. We couldn't resist playing with the paint.



Oh noes!



Don't get caught red handed!

-TT

No comments: