Friday, November 28, 2008

Chris in NY #1

Hey gang! My name's Chris Guy, and I'm a writer and photographer living out here in Brooklyn, New York. I did some shooting with Tikko Studios last year in SoCal, and moved out here to New York at the end of August. New York has been nothing but absolutely rad for the past couple of months, and although the weather dips down to the teens and the sun hardly ever shows its face, there's nowhere else I'd rather be. I can't recommend this city enough for anyone in their mid-20's with any sort of creative aspirations whatsoever.

Anyway, last month Louis came out to NYC for some R&R and photo fun. He asked if I'd like to post on the Tikko Blog from time to time for some FRESH perspective, and we had a couple drinks, one thing lead to another... and here we are! But first, mad props to Louis and Tigran for letting me post here with them-- they're amazing photographers and even more amazing dudes, and I'm honored to be posting some shots on the same page as them.

So last month here in NYC was really rainy and wet-- nothing but gloom and doom from sunrise to sunset. For whatever reason two Sundays ago, the sun decided to pop out for a little 4 hour window. I crawled out of bed, grabbed my gear, and headed over to Central Park to try and grab some shots while I could. It's pretty weird, because there's this thing called "the seasons" here, which is a trip coming from SoCal where it's perpetually summer and the coldest it ever gets is in the low 60s.

I guess what I'm trying to say is even though it's colder than a mother here on the east coast, autumn is absolutely gorgeous. The trees, colors, and overall feel of Central Park is just insanely beautiful, so here are a few quick shots that don't do the actual thing any justice whatsoever...

A not so friendly game of futbol in the mud.  These dudes were way hardcore.



Autumn is awesome. Til next time!

XOXO,

CG

3 comments:

Tikko Studios said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ma said...

uh what the fuck
can i holler though?>????????\
srsly?????????

Dan Davis said...

dope Chris, dope.