Monday, December 29, 2008

Filling a bigger frame

This holiday season Tikko has decided to welcome a horrible beast to the family!!!!

Introducing: Canon 5d Mark ii AKA "The Beast"



Weights about the same as my older and smaller camera, but it shoots at an incredible 21 megapixels and can even record video at super high definition, making it a dream come true for a video lover like me.

It also has a full frame sensor that adds more juice in each photo. However, in this photo of my grandparents I decided, for some strange reason, that the wall was more important.



Another delightful thing about it is its 'live view' mode which allows you to see out of the lens on its 3 inch LCD, its really helpful when shooting at awkward angles, or when you want to talk to your subject while shooting


That's the 85mm lens from about 5 feet away, looks like a 50mm on a cropped sensor camera.

I have yet to edit any videos to post them up, but I promise to do that soon!

Here is one more shot by the beast taken for the boys from Kallusive, who came by for a family portrait session (more to follow...)



I am going to try to squeeze out the max from 2008 and finish editing some things to post in the coming days. Hope you are as happy with Santa as I am this year :)

TT

No comments: